(T)ERROR” Documentary

FBI Informant Exposes Sting Operation Targeting Innocent Americans

http://www.terrordocumentary.org

Video

“It Was Time to Do More Than Protest”: Activists Admit to 1971 FBI Burglary That Exposed COINTELPRO

One of the great mysteries of the Vietnam War era has been solved. On March 8, 1971, a group of activists — including a cabdriver, a day care director and two professors — broke into an FBI office in Media, Pennsylvania. They stole every document they found and then leaked many to the press, including details about FBI abuses and the then-secret counter-intelligence program to infiltrate, monitor and disrupt social and political movements, nicknamed COINTELPRO. They called themselves the Citizens’ Commission to Investigate the FBI. No one was ever caught for the break-in. The burglars’ identities remained a secret until this week when they finally came forward to take credit for the caper that changed history. Today we are joined by three of them — John Raines, Bonnie Raines and Keith Forsyth; their attorney, David Kairys; and Betty Medsger, the former Washington Post reporter who first broke the story of the stolen FBI documents in 1971 and has now revealed the burglars’ identities in her new book, “The Burglary: The Discovery of J. Edgar Hoover’s Secret FBI.”

Video Part 2 of 2 @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoTjCrq2BDc

Source: http://www.democracynow.org/2014/1/8/it_was_time_to_do_more

Image

Judge Orders Google to Disclose User Info to FBI

Judge Orders Google to Disclose User Info to FBI

A federal judge has ordered the Internet giant Google to hand over customer data sought by the FBI. In a ruling disclosed Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Susan Illston said Google must comply with the so-called national security letters granting the government access to users’ private info without court warrants. Judge Illston’s latest ruling appears to contradict her decision earlier this year ordering the government to stop issuing the letters. A group that has challenged the letters in court, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, said: “We are disappointed that the same judge who declared these letters unconstitutional is now requiring compliance with them.”